Kejriwal’s and Najeeb Jung’s tiff has been one of the focal points in Kejriwal’s reign. Be it accusations and words war on social media or demands for his resignation, Kejriwal and Jung’s relations have never been so smooth. Well Politics and politicians are like water, they changes as per situation suits them….Here is a low down of theirs ups and downs that hitched delhites quite lot times.
Here’s a walk through into their 2-year-old relationship.
The first altercation between the Chief Minister and the Governor was witnessed over appointment of Chief Secretary in Delhi. When Chief Secretary K K Sharma went on leave in US, Jung appointed Shakuntla Gamlin as acting Chief Secretary of Delhi while Kejriwal called it “unconstitutional”.
2. The fight worsened and when AAP challenged in court two central notifications that gave L-G absolute powers in appointment of bureaucrats and excluded Central government officials from ACB’s jurisdiction.
3. In another instance, Jung asked Delhi’s Deputy Chief Minister on his foreign tour expenses and faxed him to cut short his foreign trip in Finland when Delhi was suffering from dengue-outbreak.
4. Transferring of officials was again another instance when AAP alleged that BJP government was meddling into Delhi affairs and Jung was acting on theirs’ direction.
6. A day after Jung’s resignation, AAP’s Kumar Vishwas stated that he was continuously under “someone’s influence”
7. Kejriwal reacted with surprise over his resignation and said that “Khatta Meetha toh chalta rehta hai Zindagi mein”. He also said the Jung had invited him over breakfast and that he has been told that Jung is resigning due to personal reasons.
Well, we hope next Delhi Governor and Chief Minister work in harmony towards Delhi’s development.