M4PNews | PANAJI
An emotional Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said that he was voted by the people of the country to fight corruption, adding that he left his family and home for the nation. While talking on Goa development, He got emotional said He has seen poverty and knew what black money did to our country.
Here are the highlights of his speech:
- Political instability had affected Goa’s growth. And due to this instability, the state never realised its true potential, I laud Manohar Parrikar for ushering in a political culture in Goa- that of taking Goa to new heights of progress. Due to Manohar Parrikar, Goa saw political stability and formation of a Government that works for the welfare of the state
- If the chief minister, defence minister and me appreciate Goa, one may argue it is also about our political affiliations but a magazine recently lauded Goa’s growth.
- As far as the airport is concerned, I am happy that we are fulfilling the promise made by Atal Bihari Vajpayee. This will benefit Goa.
- A digitally trained, modern and youth driven Goa is being shaped today. This has the power to transform India
I also want to talk about something else in Goa…on 8th November many people of India slept peacefully and a few are sleepless even now.
- We took a key step to help the honest citizen of India defeat the menace of black money.
- The people have chosen a government and they expect so much from it. In 2014 so many people voted to free the nation from corruption.
- If any money that was looted in India and has left Indian shores, it is our duty to find out about it.
- I was not born for sit on a chair of high office. Whatever I had, my family, my home…I left it for the nation
It was important for us to make changes in our foreign policies.
- First time Rs. 67,000 crore black money deposited under amnesty scheme; Total of Rs. 1,25,000 crore has been deposited in government exchequer.
- Why do we have to put the future of our youth at stake? Those who want to do politics are free to do so
Yes I also feel the pain. These steps taken were not a display of arrogance. I have seen poverty and understand people’s problems.
- If I commit any mistake, I am ready to face any punishment the country will give me. But I promise to deliver a corruption-free India.
- This suffering is for 50 days; After cleanliness, not even a mosquito can fly; People in 2G scam have to stand in queue for Rs. 4,000.
- Will expose corruption since Independence; If I have to employ 1 lakh men for this, will do.
Have more projects in mind to make India corruption-free; Cooperate with me for 50 days to ensure this.